- .... coffee was often viewed as a cardiovascular risk–factor.
- In meta–analyses of recent well–controlled prospective epidemiologic studies, coffee–consumption was not associated with risk of coronary heart disease and weakly associated with a lower risk of stroke and heart failure.
- Also, available evidence largely suggests that coffee–consumption is not associated with a higher risk of fatal cardiovascular events.
- In randomized trials coffee–consumption resulted in small increases in blood pressure.
- Unfiltered coffee increased circulating LDL cholesterol and triglycerides concentrations, but filtered coffee had no substantial effects on blood lipids.
Comments: I drink coffee. I like the taste. I like the smell...and I like the bit of a kick I get in the AM. Overall....it looks like it's pretty good stuff! DM